Check out the local events happening near Raleigh. Click on the event titles below to see more information about each event
- VFW Steak Night Fundraiser
- The Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 7383 are having a Steak Night Fundraiser.
- $20 will get you the best steak and sides in North Carolina September 22nd 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- 5th Annual Festa Italiana Raleigh
- Join us for the 5th annual Festa Italiana Raleigh on September 23 2023 at our new location on Fayetteville Street in Raleigh.
- Celebrate Italian culture and heritage with music, a children’s area, a culinary stage and food.
- Geek & Grub Night Market (Wizard Edition)
- Come forget about real life for a few hours at the special Wizard Edition of the Geek & Grub Market!
- Dress up to represent your house and enjoy fun wizard themed competitions and activities.
- 6-10 p.m. at the Fred Fletcher Park in Raleigh.
- Remember to stop by our HQ booth where kids can get a free goodie, and you can find out more about our cool, FREE scavenger hunt!
- International Festival
- Morrisville is one of the fastest growing and most diverse towns in North Carolina. Join us in celebrating that diversity at the Morrisville International Festival on Sept. 23, from Noon-6 p.m., on Town Hall Drive.
- The festival includes food vendors representing culinary traditions from around the world; performers entertaining the crowds with traditional music and dance performances; and “International Alley,” featuring artisan vendors and cultural groups with a global perspective.
- 21st International Food & Music Festival
- 21st International Food & Music Festival will be at the J. Ashley Wall Town Square in Wendell Sept. 23, 2023, 11 AM – 5 PM.
- Featuring food items from many different countries, as well as entertainment representing different countries as well.
- The Hasentree Club
- Join us for our first-ever Fall Market, featuring 45+ local vendors!
Looking for the perfect Holiday card pictures? We’ve got you covered with mini session spots available from Seaside Topsail Photography.
Join us at the Family Activity Center Parking Lot on September 30 from 8 AM – 12 PM.
- For more details, visit our website or follow us @hasentreeclub on Instagram and Facebook!
- Join us for our first-ever Fall Market, featuring 45+ local vendors!
- Brier Creek Food Truck Festival
- Join us for the Fall Brier Creek Food Truck Festival on Sunday, September 24 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Indulge in the area’s most popular food trucks and enjoy live music by Sleeping Booty, a 12-piece band that plays everything from Aretha Franklin to ZZ Top.
- Plus, there’s a kids’ zone with face painting, a bounce house, and a 360 photo booth.
- The festival will be located at Brier Creek Corporate Center behind Brier Creek Commons at 8010 Arco Corporate Drive, Raleigh.
- NC Central University Department of Theatre’s Chicken and Biscuits
- Family Members gather to honor their loved one with unashamed laughter, brave confrontations, and soul searching reconciliation.
- 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Raleigh Moose Family Center’s Quarter Action
- 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Doors Open at 10:30 a.m.
- Auction from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. – Kitchen open
Bring your Quarters
- Each item is from 1-4 quarters each.
- Bring your family, friends, and neighbors and JOIN US for some FUN and maybe some early Christmas shopping! Yes, you can get a $50+ item for 4 quarters if you are the winning paddle.
- Explore S’more
- Enjoy an evening of exploring nature and connecting with your Apex neighbors!
- This is a free annual community event held the last Thursday in September during Take a Child Outside Week.
- Take a Child Outside is an international program that encourages children and adults to spend time outdoors doing fun things and learning about nature together.
- Explore S’more is hosted by the Apex Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Resources staff and features nature education information, interactive games, and, of course, roasting s’mores!
- 6 p.m.-7:30 p.m. at the Apex Nature Park Amphitheater.
- Food Truck Rodeo at Carolina Indie Fest
- Six food trucks will be serving on Friday of Carolina Indie Fest this September 29th including:
- Bella Nonna
- Smokehouse Bandits
- Tacos El Primo
- Bombass Sandwich
- Millie’s Mama Bakes
- There’s something for everyone in this lineup from Italian to BBQ to Mexican and Sushi to amazing sammiches and cookies.
- Eat well and dance it off at Carolina Indie Fest which runs from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Friday Sept 29th.
September 30th- October 1st:
- Taste Of Greece 2023
- Fabulous, authentic Greek food and scrumptious desserts for outdoor tented dining or take-out. Admission is FREE.
- A portion of the proceeds will benefit Ukrainian relief efforts. 11 a.m.-7 p.m. both days.
- www.TasteOfGreeceNC.org for details.
- Grab your Lederhosen and enjoy a German Inspired festival with Fall Brews, German inspired Foods, Live Music, Shopping & Fun throughout the Village!
- Join the fun Passport Contest by visiting all the Village Shops and getting your Passport stamped for a chance to win a $100 Gift Card to any Lafayette Village Shop!
- 12 p.m.-4 p.m.
- Fall Plant Sale
- Chapel Hill
- Saturday, September 30; 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Free and open to all!
- Join us for our annual Fall Plant Sale to find new beauties for your garden!
- Planting in the fall gives time for plants to establish their root systems prior to the growing season.
- We grow the southeastern native plants for sale right here in our nursery, and proceeds support our research in plant conservation and propagation.
- Triangle Barkitecture is a one-of-a-kind pet architecture and design competition to raise money for pets in need by supporting local foster and pet rescue organizations right here in the Triangle.
- 1 p.m.-5 p.m. at Fenton in Cary.
- Local architects, engineers, designers, and creative minds all over the Triangle compete to create the best custom pet architecture that is then auctioned off at the event with 100% of those profits going to local pets in need.
- Paws for Granville Shopping for a Cause
- 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Granville Expo Center, Oxford, NC
- 95+ vendors, shopping, food trucks, fun pet food drive!
- Carrboro Music Festival 2023
- The 26th Annual Carrboro Music Festival is scheduled to take place at venues all over the Downtown Carrboro area on Sunday, Oct. 1.
- The daylong festival starts at 1 p.m.
- We have all new free educational workshops starting at 10:00 a.m. at the Century Center and other locations.
- These include learning about Synthesizers, Recording, Accordions and more! (some workshops require registration and have limited availability).
- Folk N Funk Festival
- 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Koka Booth Amphitheatere
- Join in on the fun at this year’s Folk N Funk music festival in Cary.
- The festival will include 6 bands, local vendors, and concessions!
October 1st – October 3rd:
- Gizmo Brew Open Mic
- 3 p.m.-6 p.m.
- Gizmo Brew Works-Brewery and Taproom
- It’s Open Mic every Sunday at Gizmo Brew Works on the outdoor stage from 3-6 p.m.!
- Music Bingo
- 6:30 p.m.
- Southern Peak Brewery, 950 Windy Rd 100,Apex,NC,United States
- Join for a chance to win some amazing prizes as a night of Music Bingo at the Southern Peak Brewery Taproom takes place October 4th Wednesday at 6:30 p.m.
- Ty Dolla Sign
- 6:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m.
- The Ritz, Raleigh, United States
- Ty Dolla Sign will be performing in Raleigh at The Ritz October 4th.
- The Ritz is a standing room only event. The event has a 8 ticket limit.
- Other musicians including Leon Thomas from the hit tv show Victorious will be performing as well.
- Zac Brown Band
- 6:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m.
- Costal Credit Union Music Park at Walnut Creek, Raleigh, United States
- Zac Brown Band will be performing live in Raleigh October 5th at the Costal Credit Union Music Park. Tickets including VIP, are on sale.
October 6th-October 8th:
- Film and Art Festival
- Friday 6:30 p.m.-Sunday 6:30 p.m.
- NC State University Centennial Campus
- Engineering Building 3, 1840
- Entrepreneur Drive, Raleigh, United States
- Experience the fun and excitement of the largest film and art festival in the state of North Carolina!
- Over 200 independent films will be showcased along with networking, panel discussions and Q&As
- Alzheimer’s Association Walk to End Alzheimer’s
- 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- For a different future. For families. For more time. For treatments. We’re closer than ever to stopping Alzheimer’s. But to get there, we need you.
- For more information or to register, visit act.alz.org/TriangleNC.
- Wake Firearms Training
- 9:00 a.m-5:00 p.m.
- New Hill Community Center, 3101 New Hill Holleman Rd, Apex
- Be sure to stop by October 7th and take your Wake Firearms Training class.
- Your course will begin in the classroom and work it’s way to the firing range.
- Class is 4 hours and the range is 4 hours.
- Anime Flea Market
- 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
- Anime Paradaisu, 6298 Hollyridge Drive, Raleigh, United States
- Looking to trade in some old cosplay items you don’t use anymore? Looking to add to your collection?
- Anime Flea Market in Raleigh is happening October 8th and is free to attend.
- Tickets are only for sellers to reserve a table space!
October 10th-October 19th:
- MJ the Musical
- 7:30 p.m.
- Durham Performing Arts Center
- 123 Vivian Street, Durham NC
- Grab your tickets and experience MJ The Musical right here at DPAC. MJ The Musical is a show based off of the late singers life and the events that lead him to become The King of Pop.
- To buy tickets visit vividseats.com
- North Carolina State Fair
- The N.C. State Fair is 11 days of rides, deep-fried foods, competitions, fireworks, exhibits and so much more.
- Stop by and see your favorite Curtis Media Group stations, 94.7 QDR, KIX 102 FM, 96.1 BBB, WPTF, La Ley 101.1FM, Rock 92.9, Oldies, and the New Pulse FM!
- Peak of the Vine
- 8:00 p.m.
- Peak of the Vine,115 N Salem St,Apex,NC,United States
- Join us for our live music event Peak of the Vine where you and friends can hang and enjoy the tunes!
- Steve Martin and Martin Short
- 8:00 p.m.
- Steven Tanger Center For The Performing Arts, Greensboro North Carolina
- Comedy acting legends Steve Martin and Martin Short will be performing at the DPAC to a sold out crowd! To buy your tickets visit bigstub.com
- North Carolina Wine Festival
- Koka Booth Amphitheatre
- Cary, NC