You can create a fun party and save money doing it this 4th of July!
The 4th of July is a day filled with patriotism, food, and fun, to celebrate America’s birthday. According to a survey by Offers, 45% of Americans plan to celebrate the 4th of July with a cookout, picnic or barbecue while 40% will watch fireworks. Here are five strategies to help you stay on budget this July holiday from TopCashback.com.
- Look for sales. Prepping for the July 4th celebrations in advance is essential to save money and budget accordingly. Most people are keen to overspend on cookout essentials simply because they believe they are needs. Shop smart so you don’t overspend. Bundle money-saving tools like coupons, deals and rebate sites such as TopCashback.com to help you save money.
- Shop early. Don’t wait until a week before fourth of July to shop for outfits and essentials; instead, start shopping three to six months in advance and take advantage of end-of-season sales. It’s easy to get swept up in the new summer fashion trends and BBQ essentials, but make sure you make every penny count by taking advantage of sales. Right before the holidays, like Memorial Day, grocery stores will have sales on most summer essentials needed for barbeques, so make a list and stock up for the summer.
- Say “NO!” to expensive decorations or pool floats. Everyone aims to have an Instagram-worthy cookout party, but that doesn’t come cheap. Shop around for pool games, floats and decorations at discounted stores such as Walmart and FiveBelow. Instead of paying from $20 to $100 per item, you can snag goodies for a little as five bucks. Don’t forget to re-use any old decorations you have to avoid spending on items you already own.
- Don’t overspend on food and drinks. While you might want to please everyone and their palates, don’t go overboard with the menu. Stick to simple items such as grilled food and beverages. Consider buying items in bulk to help save money, since you’ll most likely use them again this summer. Don’t be afraid to buy hot dogs or hamburgers in large quantities with the intention to freeze any unused food for subsequent events. Make all big quantity purchases at wholesale stores such as BJs to take advantage of their notorious buy-in-bulk offers. You’ll earn up to four percent cashback by doing so through TopCashback.com.
- Plan ahead. Before you go to the grocery store, decide what’s on the menu for your cookout, then jot down the items you need to buy. This will help to give you an idea of what you require before you reach the supermarket, avoiding unnecessary purchases that will go to waste.