Sunny skies and fall temperatures are in the forecast. Have a great weekend!
Friday, October 12th
- NC Symphony: Rhapsody in Blue – Friday and Saturday at Meymandi Concert Hall. Gershwin captures the soul of the Roaring 20s in his sweeping Rhapsody in Blue for piano and orchestra, while Copland evokes idyllic country life in Appalachian Spring. The Cherokee Chamber Singers join NCS to share music reflecting the Cherokee culture, making this program an unforgettable tribute to America’s rich heritage and future.
Saturday, October 13th
- Wine, Cheese & Chocolate Festival – Lafayette Village beginning at noon. Taste local and regional chocolates and cheeses that will make your palate scream with delight! A variety of wines will be showcased from different regions of Italy, Spain, France and the US. Enjoy TASTINGS of your choice, browse vendors and the beautiful shops and restaurants of Lafayette Village. Visit the demonstration tent to learn from experts in these categories. Sip, sip and listen to live music from three bands, two DJ’s and other entertainment during this relaxing and unique local festival.
- Oak and Smoke – Non-sanctioned backyard barbecue competition Saturday at Oak City Brewing in Knightdale. FREE!
- Raleigh Film and Art Festival – Marbles’ IMAX 9am – 10pm. The Raleigh Film & Art Festival is a creative explosion and a wonderful exploration of art, music and film. This all-day event includes amazing parties showcasing painters, tattoo artists, filmmakers, jewelry makers, fashion designers, jazz, blues, R&B, neo-soul, spoken word and panels/seminars.
- Brier Creek Food Truck Festival – 8010 Arco Corporate Drive from 11am – 3pm. More than 50 food trucks, live music and face painting for children..
Sunday, October 14th
- Walk for Hope – Sunday at the Angus Barn in Raleigh to show solidarity for family, friends, and community members living with a mental illness.
- Sip and Savor: A Wine, Food and Music Experience – DPAC 4pm – 7pm. More than 30 of the Triangle’s finest restaurant dishes will be paired with world-class wines.
- Downtown Raleigh Food Truck Rodeo – Downtown Raleigh, Noon – 6pm. Over 50 food trucks from across NC. Free admission.
- Downtown Cary Food and Flea – Downtown Cary, Noon – 4pm. The Downtown Cary Food & Flea is an artisan & vintage market that is one-of-a-kind! Enjoy live music, local arts, shopping, food trucks and local craft beer.
Want more fall/Halloween activities? Check out our Haunted Happenings guide!