Have a great weekend!
Friday, November 30th
- Knightdale Christmas Parade and Tree Lighting – This event includes letters to Santa, visiting with Mrs. Claus and the head elves, activities, food vendors, music, performances and a visit from Santa! The Lighting is at Knightdale Station Park on Friday night. The parade starts at 2pm.
- Christmas on Salem Street – Friday and Saturday with activities and the parade in Downtown Apex.
- American Tobacco Tower Lighting – Countdown the start of the holidays with the annual American Tobacco Tower Lighting celebration. There is always a chance of snow, along with sensational community choral groups and other surprises! And…Santa! 14 Years and Counting Friday night.
- Downtown Raleigh Tree Lighting Celebration – Enjoy holiday music by the Oakwood Waits, Broughton High School CAPital Sound and aCAPella, and Triangle Brass Band as well as Marbles Corner Store pop-up, refreshments from lucettegrace and Fresh Outta Brooklyn sausages and pierogis and free hot chocolate from Food Lion. Friday starting at 6 p.m at Raleigh Memorial Auditorium.
- Aladdin and His Winter Wish – Based on the Aladdin fairytale of a street rat with a dream, this special holiday-themed production follows the style of the traditional British Panto with singing, swinging and soaring adventure that features family-friendly magic, comedic twists, contemporary music, and more! NC Theatre presents the show at Raleigh Memorial Auditorium through Sunday.
- Friday Favorites with the North Carolina Symphony: Holiday Pops – Celebrate the sounds of the season with all of your festive favorites, from Greensleeves to White Christmas, and much more. Friday at Meymandi Concert Hall
- Hamilton – Last chance to see it at DPAC! The run ends December 2nd!
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer the Musical – The beloved TV classic RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER soars off the screen and onto the stage this holiday season. At Fletcher Opera Theatre through Christmas Eve.
- NC Chinese Lantern Festival – at Cary’s Booth Amphitheatre now through Jan. 13.
Saturday, December 1st
- Art with a Purpose – The annual Charity Ball happens Saturday Night at VAE Raleigh. Proceeds from the evening will go toward the 2019 ECB beneficiary, Autism Society of North Carolina.
- Rocky Mount Mills Tower Lighting – It will be a night full of carols, horse carriage rides, the man himself, Santa and more holiday fun precede the lighting of the water tower. Saturday Night!
- Carolina Ballet’s The Nutcracker – at UNC’s Memorial Hall Saturday and Sunday.
Saturday, December 2nd
- Wonderful Winter Time Oyster Roast – Ryan Bethea’s farm, Oysters Carolina will be providing these fresh (harvested that morning) oysters grown on his farm off the waters of Harker’s Island. These deep cup award winning oysters are known as some of the saltiest in the state. At Motorco Sunday.
- Drag Me to Whiskey – it’s Whiskey Kitchen’s first ever Drag Show during brunch on Sunday. Proceeds will benefit the LGBT Center of Raleigh.
- Boylan Heights ArtWalk – This historic downtown Raleigh neighborhood brings outstanding artists from across the region and beyond to display their works on porches and lawns in a distinctly unique setting. Sunday from noon to 5 p.m at Boylan Heights Neighborhood in Raleigh.