Have a great weekend!
Friday, February 1st
- Carolina Ballet’s Love in the Times of Day – Robert Weiss presents a new ballet based on paintings by Czech artist, Alfonse Mucha. Starts this weekend and runs through February 17 at Fletcher Opera Theatre in Raleigh.
- Arsenio Hall – At Raleigh Improv Friday and Saturday night
- T.J. Miller – at Goodnights Comedy Club this weekend.
Saturday, February 2nd
- Krispy Kreme Challenge – Since its inception, the Krispy Kreme Challenge has been proud to support the UNC Children’s Hospital, a specialty-designed hospital that caters to the needs of sick or injured children and their families. Starts at 8 a.m. Saturday at the N.C. State Bell Tower. Runners head to the Krispy Kreme on Peace Street, where they eat a dozen doughnuts and then run back. Proceeds go to support the UNC Children’s Hospital.
- Groundhog Day Groundhog Day – Meet Sir Walter Wally the groundhog and get his prognostication for the next six weeks! Sir Walter Wally makes the prediction Saturday at the N.C. Museum of Natural Sciences in Raleigh.
- Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast Day – at Maple View Farm Ice Cream Saturday starting at 8 a.m. with a special menu featuring ice cream with cereal and other sweet toppings, hot waffle ice cream bowls, freshly made ice cream and pancake sundaes and more.
- Black History Month Parade and Block Party – Block Party starts at 11 at the NCCU Student Union Parking Lot, parade starts at Noon.
- American Indian Powwow – The NCSSM Powwow is a public, family-friendly event featuring music, dance, arts, crafts and food. At NC School of Science and Mathematics in Durham on Saturday.
- Patchwork Market – featuring makers and vintage vendors at Fullsteam Brewery on Saturday.
- Bob Woodward – Saturday night at Durham Performing Arts Center.
- Bull City Lip Sync Battle – See some of Durham’s elected officials in an epic lip sync battle Saturday night at The Pinhook.
- Groundhog Day Movie Night – Get under the heaters at Ponysaurus and watch the Bill Murray classic on Saturday at 7 p.m. There will be $1 snacks, Soomsoom Pita Pockets, hot mulled wine, s’mores and beer.