Lake Benson Park is hosting a Fill the Truck Food Drive! Check out how you can give!
The Public Works truck is out at Lake Benson Park ready to accept your food donations to the Community of Hope Ministries food pantry. If you’re heading to the park before 5:30, please consider bringing some non-perishable items to donate.
Some of the most-needed items at the pantry are the following:
- Breakfast items: cereal, boxes of oatmeal, pancake mix
- Canned vegetables–especially corn!!!! The pantry needs all canned veggies other than green beans and canned beans.
- Boxed macaroni and cheese
- Hamburger Helper
- Dry pasta
- Canned pasta sauce
- Staff at Community of Hope have emphasized that, at this time, they really do NOT need canned pinto, kidney, navy, or baked beans OR green beans.
Look for the Public Works truck at the following locations on these designated days from noon to 5:30 p.m. the rest of the week:
- Tuesday, May 18: the parking lot of the former Kroger in Garner Towne Square shopping center (2580 Timber Drive)
- Wednesday, May 19: Agri Supply parking lot (409 U.S. 70 East)
- Thursday, May 20: Aversboro Square (1411 Aversboro Road)
- TENTATIVE—Friday, May 21: Lowes Foods parking lot (1845 Aversboro Road)