Here are some fun events around town this weekend! Have fun!
Friday, June 8th:
- 2nd Friday Art Walk – Experience the creative arts scene in Chapel Hill and Carrboro, explore venues, and socialize with other art lovers! Venues offer live music, food, activities, hands-on art demonstrations, discounts, and more.
- Wine Sundae – Everyone is talking about how great Chatham Hill’s Sweet Carolina wines are over ice cream. Come in and choose your wine topping over a rich and creamy vanilla ice cream.
- Bull Durham Rewind – As part of the celebration of the 30th anniversary of the film ‘Bull Durham,’ the Durham Bulls are hosting “Bull Durham Rewind” at historic Durham Athletic Park. Fans will have the opportunity to watch the movie at one of the flick’s main filming locations, and the event is free and will be capped at 2,000 attendees.
- Amadeus Live with the NC Symphony – 1984’s “Amadeus” plays while the NC Symphony and Master Chorale perform. One more show tonight!
- Wonder Woman – Wonder Woman is this week’s Movies By Moonlight at Booth Amphitheatre in Cary.
Saturday, June 9th
- Flip Flop 1K Run/Walk – The nOg Run Club is attempting to break the Guinness World Record for largest flip flop 1K on Saturday at Bond Brothers Beer Company in Cary.
- Dead and Company – Dead & Company is a band consisting of former Grateful Dead members Bob Weir, Mickey Hart, and Bill Kreutzmann, along with John Mayer, Oteil Burbridge, and Jeff Chimenti
- Grease and a Sock Hop – Get ready for ‘Grease’ with some 50’s style rockin’ and dancin’ on the Village Green. Classic Car Show, Sock Hop, Costume Contest, Movie: 40th Anniversary of the Original movie Grease.
- Raleigh’s International Food Festival – Celebrate Raleigh’s diversity and welcoming spirit. Lots of delicious international food, international dance performances and bands. International beer and Wine. In City Plaza in downtown Raleigh.
- Pimento Cheese Festival – Food trucks will line Academy Street in Downtown Cary to serve their regular menu, along with new dishes featuring a southern delicacy – pimento cheese! Enjoy live music at the Downtown Park, grab a drink from local breweries, and taste some of the best pimento cheese samples from local restaurants. You can even test your skills in the pimento cheese sculpting contest!
- Outdoor Prince Party – Celebrating Prince’s birthday at Tobacco Road Sports Cafe in Raleigh.
Sunday, June 10th
- Ponysaurus Brewing Co. Summer Movie Series – Starting with a summer vintage-inspired pop up shop from noon to 8 p.m. After that, stay for a screening of “Back to the Future.”
- Downtown Raleigh Food Truck Rodeo – More than 50 trucks will be lining 11 city blocks in downtown Raleigh.
- Downtown Cary Food and Flea – The Downtown Cary Food & Flea is an artisan & vintage market that is one-of-a-kind! They have live music, local arts, shopping, food trucks and local craft beer. At Fidelity Bank Plaza.